Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bruno Dumont Is the Only Film Director I Have a Crush On

Although there's nothing I like more than attending a film screening followed by a Q&A with the director, it was not until earlier tonight that I realized I have never before developed a crush on one of these filmmakers. That is, until I saw Bruno Dumont tonight at Lincoln Center's New York Film Festival screening of Hadewijch.

There's just something about this guy, who I've run into many times over the years. Now fifty-one years old, he's aging quite nicely. He's just handsome enough (looks like Jack Kerouac), and his clothes are the best: they fit perfectly, he favors muted color combinations that you wouldn't attempt yourself but look amazing on him, and there's definitely a sense that he's not even trying. Oh, the French.

Also, he's smart as hell, and you can tell he'd be a major badboy if you were lucky enough to be involved with him.

And the film? See it.

No comments:

Post a Comment